IOWA’S ENDORSEMENT FOR CULTURALLY SENSITIVE, RELATIONSHIP-FOCUSED PRACTICE PROMOTING INFANT MENTAL HEALTH (IMH-E®)
What is Endorsement®?
Endorsement® is a process that supports and recognizes the development of professionals who work with or on behalf of infants, toddlers, and their families. This process uses a nationally recognized set of competencies that helps define best practice and guides professional growth. Endorsement does not replace licensure or certification, but is intended to recognize and document an individual’s knowledge and skills in infant mental health.
Who can apply?
All professionals who have experience working with or on behalf of infants, toddlers, parents, and/or other caregivers and meet the educational, work, training, and reflective consultation requirements as specified for each category are encouraged to apply.
Why apply for the Endorsement (IMH-E®)?
- To grow and develop as a professional in the rapidly expanding infant and family field
- To be recognized by employers and peers for having attained a level of competency in culturally sensitive, relationship-focused practice that promotes infant mental health
- To better support the infants, toddlers, families, students, agencies, and institutions in the promotion of infant mental health
What are the categories for Endorsement (IMH-E®)?
- Category 1 – Infant Family Associate
- Category 2 – Infant Family Specialist
- Category 3 – Infant Mental Health Specialist
- Category 4 – Infant Mental Health Mentor (Clinical, Policy or Research/Faculty)
Application and Submission Fees
Begin the application process by paying registration fees.
Pay Registration Fees
After completing your application, pay your submission fees.
Pay Submission Fees