All endorsed professionals are required to renew their Endorsement® annually. This includes documenting completion of the following:
- A minimum of 15 clock hours of relationship-based education and training pertaining to the promotion of social-emotional development and/or the practice of infant mental health (e.g. local or regional trainings, related course work at colleges or universities, infant mental health conference attendance, in-service trainings, webinars, etc.)
- Renewal of membership in IAIECMH or another infant mental health association. If you are a member in another association, please send verification to the Endorsement Coordinator at email@example.com
While practicing IMH-relationship-focused work, IAIECMH recommends ongoing reflective supervision/consultation (RSC) for all endorsed professionals
- It is strongly recommended that all IMHS and IMHM-C endorsees participate in ongoing reflective RSC
- *COMING SOON* those holding Endorsement® as Infant Family Specialist, Infant Mental Health Specialist and Infant Mental Health Mentor-Clinical will also need to meet the following requirement for annual renewal:
- Receive a minimum of 12 hours of RSC annually (group or individual; in-person or distance technology)
- Provider of RSC must be endorsed as an IMHS or IMHM-C. Exception: IFS endorsees who are Bachelor's prepared may count RS/C received from other IFS endorsee's who are Master's prepared.
Renewals are completed electronically via EASy and are to be completed by March 15th annually. You will log into EASy using your EASy issued username and password. You will enter your continuing education hours in the Training tab of your application. You will be asked to re-sign the Code of Ethics prior to submission.
Please email Iowa's Endorsement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.