Infant Mental Health Endorsement® (IMH-E®)
Each IMH-E® category has specific work, education, in-service training and reflective supervision/consultation requirements, specific to pregnant women, young children, aged 0-36 months, and their families. In addition, IMH-E® applicants will demonstrate achievement of competencies, as defined in the desired category. This chart represents only a summary of the IMH-E® categories. Detailed information specific to each category can be downloaded from the links below.
1 Infant Family Associate applicants need to meet the Education OR the Work requirement they do not need to meet both.
2 For Infant Family Associate applicants, volunteer experience may meet the work criterion if it was a) supervised experience with women during pregnancy or with infants, toddlers, & families AND b) included specialized training. Examples include CASA, Doula, Child Life Specialist.
3 Only Infant Mental Health Mentor - Clinical applicants need to fulfill the requirement of being a provider of RS/C for 3+ years.
Links to download the Competency Guidelines®:
Please note: Copyright law does allow individuals to print out or make ONE copy of copyrighted material for personal, non-commercial purposes only. None of the copyrighted Endorsement® documents included here may be reproduced, displayed, distributed, or otherwise used in any format, including electronically, without the express written consent of MI-AIMH. Legal action will be taken against those who violate the copyright.
- EASy Applicant Instructions
- Endorsement® Checklist
- Getting Started Guide
- Crosswalks for Healthy Families America, Facilitating Attuned Interactions (FAN), Pyramid Model Training Modules (for Systems and Endorsement® Applicants), & Strengthening Families Protective Factors: Bringing the Protective Factors to Life Modules can be found here
- What is Infant Family Associate Endorsement®?
- What is Infant Family Specialist Endorsement®?
- What is Infant Mental Health Specialist Endorsement®?
- What is Infant Mental Health Mentor Endorsement®?
Email the Endorsement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for the passwords to the webinars.